Monday, July 14, 2008

1078 - Dial M for Murder (in 3D!!!)


'The Fox' in the beaches is having a 3D festival and when I saw this in the line-up I couldn't resist. Of all the Hitchcock movies this is probably the last one I would expect to be turned into a 3D film (maybe last right after Rope). It's not that it's not a good movie, it's really enjoyable. It's just not all that exciting in terms of actions, etc... It's essentially a chamber piece shot by a visually gifted director. It's refreshing, and I imagine challenging to shoot the same room for almost an entire film. I need to read up more on Hitch's process as he never ceases to impress me in a lot of ways.
It'd be interesting to see a stage play version of this with good actors just to see the difference with Hitch's visuals. Grace Kelly is beautiful as usual, the rest of the cast is quite enjoyable as well. If you haven't seen this - DO IT! Don't kill yourself to see the 3D version unless you're a big geek.

No comments: