Sunday, September 14, 2008

1122 - The Great New Wonderful


There's a different kind of nepotism that exists within the film industry. It's the kind where people will donate their time to a film not because it's good, but because it's a favor. I love almost everyone in this film, but I love no character in this film. They're not meant to be hateful, and I don't hate them. I just don't give a rats ass nor am I ever given a reason to. I could have walked in or out of this film at any given point and it wouldn't have mattered. It's rare that I say I wish that I could have that hour and a half of my life back, but in this case I do. I'm just amazed by the lack of point there was to this film. I'm sure that if I spent a few hours thinking, analyzing it, I might come up with something, but in order for me to do that, I have to like it and not feel like I've already wasted my time.

No comments: