Thursday, September 18, 2008

1126 - Mind The Gap


I like Eric Schaeffer's films. I've seen all but one, and sadly have not been able to find any of his T.V. stuff. He's got a very distinctive voice and it's kind of sad that he hasn't made a film in four years. I can only hope he's got something in the works. This is a really enjoyable and rewarding ensemble character film. Unlike a film I watched recently this one works with multiple story lines, the way they connect are simple and never feel over the top. Some beautiful near misses that get you excited. It's a delightful little film and doesn't even feel too long despite it being over two hours.
I discovered a new favorite actress in Elizabeth Reaser (featured above), it's good to see based on her imdb page that she seems to have lots of things on the go. She deserves it.
Check this out if you can, and anything else of Schaeffer's (minus his debut) is recommended as well. His films might not be for everything, but they're definitely for me.

No comments: