Friday, September 19, 2008

1127 - The Wackness

Two really solid movies in one night. Yeah me! What a gem of a film. Josh Peck is Luke. He's fantastic and a perfect compliment to Ben Kingsley. The two should go down as one of those class screen odd-couples. The scenes with them together are always delightful and surprising. The whole cast is phenomenal and I could have used more of Famke and Mary-Kate. So glad to see Jane Adams who I adore and am sad that I don't see more of her. I continue to be intrigued by Oliva Thirlby. What a great little actress. The sequence with her and Luke at Fire Island is fantastic. It's beautiful and awkward and sad and lovely. I love how those two leave each other in the end, it's a perfect final scene between them.
Can't recommend this enough. It's still playing in the rep cinemas. I'm sure it'll be on DVD soon though.

No comments: