Thursday, September 18, 2008

1125 - American Teen


If I was a teenager in their school I would have been in love with Hannah Bailey. I would have run away with her to be her co-filmmaker. I was genuinely interested in her and found myself debating messaging her on facebook to tell her how much I enjoyed her in the film. But that would be creepy.
Some have said this film is contrived. How could the filmmakers have been there for everything? Well. It's called having a budget and the ability to be there. Some innocent b-roll was probably shot, but in the scenes where big stuff happens those emotions are real. You can't recreate that, and if they did, then I think they deserve even more praise.
I was entertained and enjoyed all the characters in this film. They felt real. And I rooted for each of them no matter how much good or bad they did. They were kids. So were we. We did shit we regret. Hurt people we shouldn't have.
Very enjoyable.

No comments: