Tuesday, September 23, 2008

1130 - Thank You For Smoking


The first time I saw this film was at TIFF a few years ago. It blew me away then and I still enjoy it. I was lucky enough to be at the world premiere of Jason Reitman's 'Juno' last year as well. If he keeps making great movies I'd love to keep seeing them unveiled. The cast in this film is quite phenomenal. Nick Naylor will go down as one of the great black-comedy characters.
Having read the book since initially seeing the film it's one of those great examples of different mediums going off into different directions, but still keeping true to the nature of the story. I recommend the novel to anyone who loves the film, but don't expect it to be exactly the same. It's the differences that make them unique in a good way..

No comments: