Monday, March 01, 2010

1321 - Zombieland


If I were running from zombies, Emma Stone would be the girl for me as well.

So what we have here is a pretty fun, tight, rollicking ride that takes full advantage of it's situation and has an assload of fun with it - especially in the amusement park scenes. And there is a celebrity cameo in here that is not to be missed.

This film does some really wonderful things with set-ups and pay-offs (minus one that I would have liked to see, if you've seen the film I'm talking about the introduction of Stone & Breslin's characters - I would have liked to see their ending mirror their beginning - might have been a bit dark, but it would have been awesome). The cast is delightful, and I could even withstand Abigail Breslin who normally doesn't do much for me. I can only imagine that they're going to try and milk a sequel out of this - which is fine by me since I know that the writers had originally intended this for a tv series, I'm sure that they've got a few more ideas up their sleeves. Looking forward to it!

No comments: