Friday, March 19, 2010

1325 - Twlight


So I watched this, if for no other reason, than to be aware of pop culture. This isn't a horrible movie, it's just not a very good one. I don't find that they've done anything particularly interesting with the genre. Vampires can walk around during over-cast. Okay. So what? What's that have to do with anything? The whole villain plot feels tacked on and in-organic, but they needed something to keep this from falling into complete boredom. My main issue is that the marketing of this brand falls upon the epic, and this story falls into the mundane. It's anti-climatic. And it takes forever to get moving in any kind of direction. And our leads fall in love... because they're the leads and that's what leads do.

All of this trash-talk being said, I really really adored Kristen Stewart here. I found her cute and qualitative - which surprised the hell out of me

So I'm glad I saw it. Will I watch the follow-ups? Not likely, although I wouldn't rule it out. I don't mean to pan on this film, it just didn't do anything for me. No offense to anyone involved.

No comments: