Thursday, March 04, 2010

The System


I've been carrying this around in my bag for awhile now, I was told that it was a quick read since it's all visuals, so finally this morning I treated myself to it on my way into work. The art work is unlike any I've ever seen in a comic. It's more or less graffiti art that tells an interwoven inner-city story about evil rich white men taking down the underclass of society.
I appreciate the art work and even the way he effortlessly flows from one story to another. But this is an oft told tale, and I don't feel like he's making any kind of comment so much as holding up a sign and saying 'look how shitty the world can be'. It's a mirror to what is, as opposed to a window of what could be. That being said, it's enjoyable and a quik read so it's worth checking out if you can find a loaner.

No comments: