Thursday, March 18, 2010

1323 - Super Troopers


I'm late to this film by about a decade. It was something that was always just there, but I never had a strong desire to watch it, but the years of pressure from various sources had me finally throwing it into my DVD player.
What this film does above others of it's type is that it's not just a sketch comedy film. It's not just about gags and set pieces. I mean, don't get me wrong, the film isn't exactly deep or have sophisticated and intricate plot moves or all encompassing character arcs, but what they do well here they do really well. There are a number of really nice laughs, and it has a cast that really knows how to play to it's strengths. I'm curious to see the other Broken Lizard films are. It was also lovely to see Marisa Coughlan again, I think she's not cast in enough good roles. So there. I've watched it. I've enjoyed it. Leave me alone!

No comments: