Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Supreme Power: High Command


I think that this was technically volume 3, but I read a collected edition first, which I believe made up the first and second. Regardless, here we are...
So I'm not sure if this is the end. It feels like it is. If it is - wow. Bleak. And yet - fucking awesome. Seriously, this is probably my favorite superhero series of all time (given how little I've read). If someone were to give me the chance to make any superhero film - it would be this one. Hands down.
For those unaware, this is essentially Marvel taking a riff on DC's Justice League. And it's smart. And amazing. This goes to places that are just delicious. The other series close to this in idea only, is Irredeemable - but I don't think that it holds a candle to this. This - is outstanding. This takes the main story of Irredeemable and eats it as a snack.
I strongly urge anyone with any interest in superheros to pick this up. I assure you that even with a limited pop culture knowledge of staple superheros you'll pick up the satire.
Brilliant. Love it. Interested to see if they'll do more.

No comments: