Monday, March 08, 2010

1322 - Big Love: season four


There's been a lot of people slagging this season. I think it was an interesting one, and a move forward. This season was more like a hallway (I use that expression a lot these days, don't I?) between the old and the new. Now with Roman gone for good it's a clearing for new ways good and bad. Seemingly some of those bad are taken care of, but others are just emerging. Characters such as Nicky & Alby are blossoming. Margie is a constant delight, and the return of Ana was perfect, especially towards where it's leading us. This season ended on a wonderfully ironic note and I'm very curious to see where it goes. This is by no means my favorite show on television, but I enjoy it and I'll continue to watch it. If you haven't and you're curious, give it a whirl - but keep in mind it's intended to be a bit of a melodrama, and goes further with that as each season carries along.
Looking forward to more. Glad they decided to do a short season rather than force extra episodes where they might not belong.

No comments: