Monday, May 02, 2011

1558 - Juno

Okay, for those looking at my labels below, I know this isn't technically a Canadian film but since there's a whole whack of Canadians involved in major ways - I don't care. 
I needed something to watch while I was transferring my old music onto my laptop (finally - huzzah!) and I needed something friendly to watch while the election polls came in (tear...)
There's a decent population of people who hate this film and part of me wonders if it isn't just for the sake of hating something that's beloved by others.  I saw that probably only because of my mass love for this film.  Is the dialogue overly stylized and cute?  Is the soundtrack too hipster cute?  Sure, so what?  That's not really what makes me love this film.  What makes me love this is that it's about a difficult time in your life and difficult choices.  In particular I think that the relationship between Juno and Mark is really quite unique for a film.   I don't think that this is a perfect film - I've always had issues with the first act of it - mostly that the tone doesn't fit the rest as well.
Love it or hate it - it doesn't matter - a film like this is comfort food for me.  I dig it.  And now I'm heading to bed before my election results are final so I can convince myself it's all a dream...
Juno (Single-Disc Edition)  Juno (Special Edition + Digital Copy) [Blu-ray]  Juno (Two-Disc Special Edition with Digital Copy)

No comments: