Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I Never Liked You

So needless to say, I'm a pretty big fan of Chester Brown at this point.  My third book of his in almost a week, I now have to wait while an out-of-print version of his book The Playboy arrives in the mail... sigh...
So this book is another autobiographical one from our Chester, following his early teens, dealing with his first feelings of love and what it means.  It's technically a coming of age story (if you really feel the need to classify it) but it's also the kind of story that, for a guy like me coming from a small town, I really related to.  It brought up a lot of my own memories, thoughts, and feelings from childhood and that is no small feat.
I can't recommend Chester's writing highly enough, he is a man worth reading and worth supporting as a storyteller and artist all rolled into one.  I anxiously await whatever the hell he's got!
I Never Liked You

No comments: