Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Mike Stoklasa's Star Wars Prequel Reviews

These were sent to me and I assumed that I'd probably watch five minutes and tune out.  The review of The Phantom Menace is literally seventy-minutes long, and both sequels Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith clock in well over ninety-minutes.  And I watched them all from beginning to end.  And I don't even want that time back - I felt it was well worth it.
As someone who recalls the hype and excitement of going to see the first of the prequels on opening night, I got a guilty pleasure out of this.  I was still in high school - myself and friends made special plans, and I remember after just thinking... huh... I really wanted to like it, but then... it just didn't happen, I knew something was off.  And if any of you felt the same then you owe it to yourself to check out this in depth analysis of these films.  They are incredibly detailed and intelligent, but they're done through a visual essay lead by a guy who can only be described as a partially hand-capped serial killer.  I promise you, the parts that aren't really disturbing are downright hilarious.
So you can click on the title above to go to the site or I'll attach the URL right here for those who want to check it out.  It's a must see for all nerds.

No comments: