Friday, July 15, 2011

1590 - Win Win

I was sort of on the fence about going out to see a movie tonight, but I'm glad I changed my mind.  While I'm a big fan of Thomas McCarthy, I'm hot and cold on Giamati, however I love a lot of the supporting cast he'd put together, Amy Ryan being the heap of it.  Oh how I absolutely adore that woman.  Is there anything she can't play?!
This is a wonderful character piece and it's really difficult to describe what it's about.  It's about a guy who coaches after school wrestling, it's about a guy trying to keep his family above water (financially), it's about a lawyer who wants to help, but takes the easy way out.  It's all of these things and more as well.  This is the kind of film where, as in depth the character drama and work it is, you still find yourself tapping your foot and rooting.  I highly highly recommend it.  Select theatrers, out for rental or purchase soon I support.  Happy hunting for it - it's worth the search around.
Win Win  Win Win [Blu-ray]

No comments: