Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Outfit - a Parker novel

Having read the comic adaptation of this already all of the twists and turns had been known to me, so it wasn't quite the enjoyable read as it should have been.  Stark continues to dazzle with detail though, and so that was nice, and for someone who is using these books as crime story research, that sort of stuff is extremely helpful. 
This iteration of the Parker novel has him taking on the entire outfit of organized crime - it's about as big as it can get for our main man.  I think that after I get through the stack I have (three more) I'm going to take a little break from this series, just so they don't all blend together.  It would have been nice to have read this series in order, but it's also fun seeing how people that are in the later books fit in here and so forth.  Nice little treat that is. 
The Outfit: A Parker Novel (Parker Novels)

No comments: