Wednesday, June 19, 2013

1860 - Sex Drive


So if you look at this blog regularly you're thinking - wow - Jeremy is a bit of a pervert watching all these sex comedies.  I promise it's for research - not just pure enjoyment.  I remember when I first saw this how impressed I was by it - it really is a funny as hell film.  I watched the unrrated cut - which is a bit bizarre just on it's own - they literally just throw in a ridiculous amount of extra boobs and penises in just to make it a proper unrated cut.  If you've never seen this film you're going to want to check out the theatrical version first. 
This is a typical sex comedy about a guy trying to lose his virginity and the journey he goes on to make it happen.  But it's better than just that - the cast is pretty killer - Clark Duke easily steals the entire film, but James Marsden and Seth Green have fantastic supporting parts as well.  If I have an argument it's simply that the film goes on a lot of tangents mostly because there aren't a lot of natural obstacles to interfere.  Luckily they're entertaining as hell.  If you like your coming of age sex comedies, this is easily one of the best of recent years.

No comments: