Friday, June 21, 2013

1861 - Juno


I've written about this several times on here, I'm sure.  I've been listening to the soundtrack for this film all day as I've been doing some writing so I decided to get it another look over tonight.  It's such a solid film all the way through - I've often felt that the first act is tonally a bit different but it bothers me a little less and less each time I watch it.  I can let it go.  The cast is perfect, the script is top notch, and the directing choices are so goddamn solid.  This is the kind of film that could so easily be a movie-of-the-week is lesser hands, instead it's already a classic and I hope that it doesn't get lost in this heap of content that's constantly being churned out.  We do still make great films and this is an excellent example.  There's some people who bag on this film - and that's because they're dead inside.  That's right.  I said it.
If you haven't seen this film, shame on you.  Make it happen.

No comments: