Monday, May 12, 2008

1050 - Ghost Busters


I can't even remember the last time that I saw this film. I'd be surprised if it was since I started journaling. I blame this on Andy Hunter for spouting quotes from it all day long. You forget how many really great lines there are in this film until you re-watch it, "When someone asks you if you're a god - you say yes!".

The effects in this film are actually pretty good when you consider that it came out in 1984 and so was probably shot in '82. The cast is amazing and wonderful. It's hard to think that originally it was supposed to be Jim Belushi in Peter Venkman role, but died before it could happen. It's said that Slimer was meant to honor the late Belushi. Rick Moranis took a role that was originally intended for John Candy, and Ernie Judson stole the role of Winston from Eddie Murphy. Would have been a different film, that's for sure.

Someone told me today that they're in the midst of making an animated third film, which seems like an interesting choice, not that far off considering that there was an animated kids show of this. I know that there's been a video game in the works for sometime and I would be first in line to get it if it's offered on the Wii.

I can see myself re-watching this again in the near future with the commentary.

No comments: