Sunday, May 18, 2008

1053 - Saw IV


I'm a fan of the Saw films. I was never a horror guy growing up, in fact I disliked them because of a mildly traumatic occasion when one of my older cousins tried to convince a six year-old version of myself that Freddy Kruger was chasing after me. Years of therapy later I'm able to watch horror films :)
I saw this in the theaters originally and watched it this time with the director's commentary. Bousman is fun to listen to, he's got no ego and is more than willing to talk openly about the process, including his opinion on producers. If you're into these films and filmmaking, it's a worthy commentary.
Like I said up top, I do like the Saw films and I'm actually looking forward to the next one as they have this wonderful little mystery going on as to what's going to happen. And I love that Scott Patterson was in this film (pictured above) and, if the story continues along how I think it should, he'll end up in the next film. He's a great actor and brings a lot to the series.

No comments: