Saturday, May 31, 2008

1063 - Sex and the City


Yup. I like Gilmore Girls. Yes, I've seen every episode of Sex and the City. I'm OK with you all knowing that. I used to watch this show with my friend Victoria and we made plans to see the film together. I had been half-assed noticing that it was getting it's own ass handed to it in reviews, which made me want to see it even more to see what kind of a mess they'd made of it.
And then I saw it.
So where was this horrible piece of crap I was expecting?
I think there's something really sad going on right now in the entertainment medium. I don't disagree that they bring it upon themselves with all their sequels and prequels and adaptations and remakes and whatever other variation I've missed. But I get this feeling that people are just waiting for things to suck. Does anyone else feel this way? If you're walking into this film I'm not sure what you're expecting, but it delivered everything it needed to. It was a fine addition to the show and it hit the tone perfectly. I didn't even notice how amazingly long it was until it was over. Was it the best movie of the year? Shit, no. But I don't even think you can put it into those kind of categories. It was fun and full of all the themes that the show explored so well.
So for those of you who liked the show, you're going to enjoy yourself so long as you haven't been making lists of what you hope happens, etc... For those of you who didn't watch the show and think this film is going to suck, why would you even bother going?

No comments: