Thursday, May 22, 2008

1058 - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade


I have a soft spot in my heart for this one. I probably watched it the most as a kid. I don't know if it's my favorite of the older ones, but it's at least a tie with 'Raiders'. If nothing else I think that this installment is easily the most fun. It's got Sean Connery! I mean, come on. And he's great in this as the father of Indiana Jones (nice nod to James Bond).
The set and action pieces are really creative and smart, from the train at the opening, to the catacombs, the tanks, they're all really smart and well thought out. I mean, you always know that Indiana is going to get out of a jam, but the real joy is in watching him do it.
Some fantastic scenes, there's Harrison doing his Scottish accent, the Hitler autograph....
I'm going to go into the new one (hopefully tomorrow night) and just expect to have nothing but fun. I'm gonna get a big bag of popcorn, sit back and hope it takes me away.

No comments: