Tuesday, January 05, 2010

1305 - The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3


I saw the original almost a year ago when this was being advertised. I have to be honest in that I'd never really heard of it before the remake. Sorry, but it's true! Over all I enjoyed it. It's a popcorn flick so you go in with those expectations and it's a fun enough ride. I think that some of the changes they made are really quite smart. I thought that Travolta, as a villain was less intelligent than his Robert Shaw counter-part, and I was hoping for just a little bit more from that regard. I liked that he was no nonsense and did exactly what he said he'd do though.

So it's exactly the film you expect it to be, and the frenetic coke-addled energy of Tony Scott isn't overbearing here, in fact it adds a nice layer to it.

Check it out if you're even remotely interested.

1 comment:

remistevens said...

But the ending made absolutely no sense. . .Taking a commuter train hostage with 30 people on it will apparently cause so much of a crash on the stock exchange you could turn 1 million into 200 million! Completely ruined it for me.