Wednesday, January 27, 2010

1310 - World's Greatest Dad


I've wanted to see this film for sometime now. I think that Bobcat is a very interesting storyteller. I haven't seen his very first film, but I enjoyed "Sleeping Dogs Lie" and looked forward to seeing what he would do next. He's really into the darker side of people, and how people deal with that side of themselves. He's not scared of dark subject matter and injects it with the proper amount of heart and indifference. On many levels this film is a wonderful slap in the face in terms of how we glorify the dead mostly just because they're dead. And how it affects us, what we do with it. It's a funny, sad, outrageous, honest film. This isn't laugh-riot Robin Williams, but it also isn't creepy One Hour Photo, Robin Williams. It's just good. Please see this film. And please pay to see it. I want Bobcat to make more films.

No comments: