Thursday, January 14, 2010

Powers: #9 - Psychotic


So while I didn't leave this installment with the "holy shit" factor, there's still some wonderful things going on inside of these pages. This almost feels like the beginning of a new chapter in the powers story, one that will grow over the next couple of issues. There's an interesting story going on inside of here, and the usual themes are in full force. In the supplemental material in the back of the book there's an in depth interview with Bendis & Oeming where they reveal that a lot of the plotlines for the superheroes are lifted from the life stories of rock stars and bands. Interesting and very revealing. Glad to know that I'm not the only one who does this sort of thing. I'm not sure yet, but every now and then I think that Powers is slowly becoming my favorite series. It's not quite there yet. But it's definitly up there.

No comments: