Sunday, January 10, 2010

Powers: #7 - Forever


And the obsession continues... So this book is a beautiful tangent away from the main Powers storyline, and it comes at a good point in time - with the main story about to shift in a whole new direction it was nice to look back and fill in some blanks and answer some questions that have been sitting around. I can't IMAGINE having been a fan and having to contend with this storyline while wanting the main storyline to continue - I mean with the collections I can sift through this quickly and then get right back into it, but the ongoing issues took weeks inbetween. Big props to the patience of those who were cool with that, because this is a really rewarding and interesting book. Brave of the authors as well. I dig it. I might take a break from Powers for a little bit and catch up on Jack of Fables in anticipation of Fables #13 coming out next month - it's a cross-over issue so I think that I need to be caught up to get the fullness of what's going on in that world. That and I've got a stack of movies to watch, and I've promised myself that I'm going to try and be better about reading actual books this year. Crazy though, huh?

No comments: