Monday, January 04, 2010

TUWOPS - The Re-Edit Begins

It's no surprise that, having picture-locked the film, I was a bit disheartened at the idea of having to re-edit it. Not from scratch mind you, but close enough. I backed up the project in several locations for fear of drive-failure, however I never took into account theft. It's my own fault I suppose and it won't happen again in the future. Having been trained as an editor I should no better. Alas. So for now I work from an old project file in addition to the picture lock quicktimes that I'd made for the composers of the film.

We're back up at the farm for New Years and I'm digitizing the footage in the background of our relaxing festivities and I have to admit that it's nice to see all the footage coming in again. Makes me miss being on set. The process. The people. I don't think that there's a single actor in this film that I wouldn't jump at the chance to work with again.

Part of me wants to take this opportunity to re-examine the footage, and part of me doesn't want to give our burglars that satisfaction that they were able to have a positive effect on the film. With the outstanding music there was always going to be a little minor tweaking anyway. We'll see. I'll keep this blog updated as I re-cut the film.

Also as a way to motivate me getting into better shape and out of bad holiday-eating habits I've decided that after my birthday next week I'm going to put myself on a strict regiment until the film is completely finished and we have the cast & crew screening, which I'm hoping, given out setbacks, will be sometime in late February or early March as I'm not really sure how long it's going to take me to re-cut the film given everything else that's currently going on. That and given the low-budget nature of the project we're not at the top of the priority list for the companies that are going to be working on our post-production finishing. We've got the film submitted to several festivals at this point, but none have confirmed screening dates so time is on our side so far as that is concerned.

No comments: