Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Powers: #4 - Supergroup


Don't mind me as I take my foot firmly out of my mouth. So after having read the third in this series I said that I this series was merely okay, and that I don't have time for merely okay comics. Well. Powers is no longer merely okay. I said I'd give it one more volume, and as if by fate, this thing did cartwheels in a new direction. Really really great. To the point where the last volume almost seems like a bonus feature. Now, it still is a far way away from being my favorite series, but considering that I was about to give up on it after the last one, and now I can't wait to dig into the next volume, that's a big step forward.
I'd like to see this made into a T.V. series. I think that could be really great (or terrible) depending how it's handled. Some great writing in these pages. It's really starting to come into it's own.

No comments: