Thursday, January 21, 2010

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Volume 1


I was late to come to this book, and I've never seen the (apparently awful) film version. So outside of already knowing (kind-of) whom the team was made up of, I was a bit of a virgin on this one. I have to say, it took me a little while to get into it because I was wired for Bendis' Powers books, but once I got into the rhythm of it it was quite a bit of fun. Outside of doing the mash-up of characters from other stories (something I almost always enjoy) it was just a clever little story and a nice introduction to this world and these characters. The story and action is a bit popcorn-lite in a sense, but it's background, characters, and ideas are quite sophisticated. I look forwarding to digging into the other volumes.

No comments: