Tuesday, January 04, 2011

1489 - iMurders

This is a hard review for me to write. This film was written and directed by a fellow Trigger Street member and so out of pure loyalty I wanted to check it out.
The concept is great. It's very current, it makes a great poster. The execution... It's not great. They don't actually go far enough with the concept, they just hit the base of it and don't both going much further than that. The story is messy, the acting is as good as the dialogue and writing allows it to be - which is a passive/aggressive way of not coming right out and saying how poor it is. It's surprising considering the resumes of some of the actors. For the most part the technical aspects are pretty decent (editing notwithstanding), but it's not enough to make it worth watching.
If you read this Robbie I apologize that I can't scream from the rooftops that I loved this film, I have to be honest. You've got better in you.

No comments: