Thursday, January 20, 2011

1502 - Curb Your Enthusiasm: season seven

I am ridiculously behind on this show in terms of this season.  I can't even think of why I wasn't watching it while it was airing, that being said (inside joke for the fans)...
A lot of people thought this was the last season, but as it's been reported the show is coming back for another round.  This season could easily have been the last.  The Seinfeld reunion is a nice bookend to the entire idea of the series, and the final scene of the season finale was a perfect note for the series to go out on.  So hopefully whenever Larry David does decide to finish the show he'll come up with something even better.
I think if I had a complaint about this season it's just that I wanted more of the Seinfeld cast integrated throughout - but that's just me being selfish.  I love the relationship between Larry and Jerry, and conversely the passive-aggression between Larry and Jason Alexander - really funny and smart.  The Michael Richards call-back to his infamous racial slurs was a nice touch.  This season was full of typical Larry stories and plots, and I loved the way that a lot of the classic Curb storylines were sprinkled throughout the Seinfeld Reunion script, giving us a glimpse into the idea that all of the stuff we saw the gang go through on the original series just may have somewhat happened to the real Larry. 
I always liked Seinfeld, but I think I like Curb more.  It's a great show, it's probably not for everyone, but anyone who has a thrust towards the dark side of comedy would probably enjoy it.  Looking forward to seeing what Larry comes up with for the next season!
Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Complete Seventh Season

No comments: