Wednesday, January 12, 2011

TUWOPS - Zoie Palmer nominated for ACTRA Award's best female performance!

It is my extremely proud honor to announce that Zoie Palmer has been nominated for 'best female performance' ACTRA Award for her role in my film The Untitled Work of Paul Shepard. Pictured above, an outtake from the scene which I'm pretty darn certain went a long way in getting her nominated.

If you want you can check out the various articles that mention her nomination, amongst the other nominees. Here are some links thus far:
The CBC
The Toronto Star
The Amherst Daily News

I love Zoie Palmer the actor only second to Zoie Palmer the person. I'm extremely fortunate in how many amazing people I've met and formed friendships with from having made this film, and Zoie is no exception. If you follow the tag below you'll find an interview I did with her back in the fall for my Three 2 Five series. Working with Zoie is a delight because she revels in playing, in discovering, and yet she so respects the work that's come before her. She's the kind of actress that is going to work forever, and be in great demand, because of that and many many other traits.
It goes without saying that I think every single member of our cast deserved to be nominated for their fantastic performances this film, but I think Zoie represents us all well, and I appreciate the extra attention that the film will get from having this honor bestowed upon it as Zoie.

No comments: