Thursday, January 20, 2011

Three 2 Five Questions: Christine Horne

I have a notebook in my office where I keep a list of names of actors that impress me, ones that I'll hopefully be lucky enough to work with at some point.  When I came home from seeing The Stone Angel the first thing I did was add Christine Horne's name to that list.  Then, sometime later, when we were casting The Untitled Work of Paul Shepard, I was delighted to see her name on our audition list.  If you live in Toronto and you're a theatre goer you probably recognize her from various theatrical productions - just this past summer she was Juliet in this year's Dream in High Park production of Romeo & Juliet, and last year she won a Dora Award for Turn of the Screw.
Without further delay I present the interview I did with her.  Keep in mind, as per usual, the audio isn't spectacular and the location was fairly under lit.
Mid way through the interview Christine mentions something that I should share a link to.  Click here for that.




UPDATE!
The lovely people over at The Mind Reels found the commercial of Christine! Here it is below...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great interview. If I ever do a production that not only requires a good actor, but also nostril flaring, I will contact her agent.

Best. Nostril flare. Ever.

Christine said...

I can also raise my left eyebrow with severity. It's almost as unattractive as the nostril flare. My agent is Angela at ETM.