Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tricked

I like slice-of-life character pieces, and from reading Box Office Poison I knew that I was in for a treat with Alex Robinson's other work.  I picked this up at this year's Toronto Comic Arts Festival (the cover itself is worth the purchase for design geeks). 

It takes just a little while to get used to the rhythm of the book, especially considering that we're following six main characters - but Robinson wisely makes each player and their story pretty unique, so it's not exactly difficult to tell them all apart.

It's hard to really commend something like this - I liked it.  It was a nice casual read, great characters who I loved and loathed (as they were designed to), but this isn't the kind of book that everyone is going to love - so proceed with that in mind.  If you like character based drama - go for it.

No comments: