Thursday, May 17, 2012

1734 - Suburgatory: season one

This season was a really strong one for new series.  This was another show whose pilot really impressed the hell out of me.  In the end it's a series that I'm always interested to check out, but it usually ends up around the bottom of my pile of things to watch.  I'm not sure why that is.  It might be just the over-the-top nature of the show keeps it from being something I'm just dying to see.  Jane Levy as Tessa is phenomenal.  If I was a teenage boy I would fall head over heels for her.  As ad adult I merely admire the hell out of her.  The other major stand-out for me is Allie Grant - so glad that they amped up her character as the season went along.  It really is a pretty solid cast through and through, and everyone plays there part as if they are just on this side of being part of the cast of a suburban Fellini film.
This is a show that has legs, and I can see it sticking around.  For those who haven't checked it out and like your comedy a bit snarky, this one might be for you. 

1 comment:

Screenwriting Spinster said...

I love its sarcastic tone.