Friday, May 25, 2012

1738 - She's Out of My League

I really like this film.  I decided to throw it on (Netflix!) while doing some work on pre-production for Sex After Kids.  It still holds up.  If you haven't heard of it it's the story of an average guy who winds up dating a more than above-average girl and can't quite grasp why.
I'm a massive admirer of Jay Baruchel, and Alice Eve more than proves that she's not just some hot-young-thing.  Their chemistry isn't perfect, but it's charming and it works really nicely - more often than not they have some lovely moments together.  There's a fight near the end of the film that I have a hard time buying how it starts - but once it's into it the issues that come up are honest and real and so I can dismiss the not-so-natural set-up.
Its a pretty formulaic rom-com for the most part, but it's very funny and charming and so that doesn't bother me in the least.  A film like this is about the journey, and it's an enjoyable one.  Give it a go if you're so inclined.

No comments: