Thursday, September 02, 2010

1388 - Towelhead


I've wanted to see this film since I first heard about it. The supporting cast is full of people I love, and not to mention Alan Ball behind it - I knew it would be an interesting run.
Going for the shocking title escapes me a bit, since the film is more to do with her sexuality than her ethnicity, however I'm sure that the two aren't mutually exclusive.
Toni Collette is lovely, although probably underused here. I thought that Summer Bishil and Aaron Eckhardt had amazing chemistry and I was excited to see where it went. This isn't the kind of film that you ever really need to see more than once, but it's worth checking out for sure. Just keep in mind, it doesn't pull punches. It's aggresive in it's attitudes and it's all the better for it.

No comments: