Wednesday, September 22, 2010

1418 - Winnebago Man


Like a lot of people I've spent some time on YouTube, and therefore I've seen the Winnebago Man, often cited as the angriest man alive. I've also seen the Star Wars kid, Charlie Bit Me. There's a sort of celebrity that comes out of these viral phenomenons. At the beginning of this documentary, that almost seems to be what it's about. I'm interested in the idea of how celebrity is created and why. What it does to people, but the fans and the individuals. I think that's the film that the filmmakers set out to make, but in the end, I'm not quite sure that they had a really strong focus on any one thing. As a result they've made something that is at certain times quite interesting, but at the very least extremily entertaining. I'm glad I got a chance to see this, but it didn't really cover the ground I was hoping it would. If you've seen the Winnebago Man Clip on YouTube (and if you haven't click here) then this might interest you.

No comments: