Sunday, September 26, 2010

1428 - Fathers & Sons


One of the benefits of having your film in a festival is that you often get to meet other filmmakers, actors, etc... and if you're lucky you hit it off. I got to spend some good time with the actor on the above right, Jay Brazeau, and if it wasn't enough for him to be a charming and wonderful guy to hang out with, he has to go and be a phenomenal talent as well. This film was improvised from an outline, but I swear you would never know it. It feels so tight and focused that it would almost have to be written. It's an ensemble film that deals with different situations of fathers and sons, and it's really quite fantastic. At times poignant, but always downright hilarious. I haven't seen it's predecessor Mothers & Daughters but you can be damn sure I'll check it out. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, there are some damn amazing Canadian films this year and I'm excited to be amonst them touring in the festivals.

No comments: