Wednesday, December 22, 2010

1483 - The Lookout


So I guess it's pretty safe to say that I've abandoned my Christmas-film-fest. Alas. this has been sitting on my desk for some time now, I picked it up based on the cast alone. Big fan of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Matthew Goode - not to mention Jeff Daniels (all are far more versatile than I think casting in films gives them credit for - although the latter two do get a better shake in that department), not to mention Isla Fisher is here and you can never go wrong with casting Isla Fisher.
I like the idea behind this film, but furthermore I liked that it wasn't predictable. There were so many ways that it could have gone. It just bordered some bizarre cliche things, the character Bone, etc... The robbers, who seemed pretty normal, didn't take much to become instant sociopaths - which was a shame story wise. I think they could have done something a little more honest and original with that.
Still a nice little film and well worth watching if you like any of the aforementioned actors or crime stories at all.

2 comments:

Screenwriting Spinster said...

i really liked this movie when it came out. I ended up picking up the dvd, but haven't opened the package in 2 years, hehe. I should rewatch it. JGL is my kind of eye candy. :)

Jeremy said...

I think I got this at Zellers for $2 a few years back. I have a stack of films that I've bought that I don't allow myself to put on my shelf until I've watched them - this was one of them :)