Monday, December 27, 2010

1486 - Scream 2

Scream double bill! I'll round off the trilogy with the third film tomorrow evening. But now for this one. I never rewatched this film the way that I did the first - however I have seen it a few times. As I get older I, naturally, re-watch films less and less, unless they are particularly inspiring to me - and the Scream franchise fits into that category.
First off, it was fun noticing some of the smaller parts who are now bigger stars - Portia De Rossi, Luke Wilson, etc... Timothy Olyphant has obviously grown into something quite interesting. Here he does the best with what he's given, although ***SPOILER ALERT*** I think he becomes a bit of a cliche in the end - which is too bad 'cause I really like him as an actor.
I think what this installment of the series does is do really wonderful things with the arcs of both Sidney and Gale (not to mention that both Cox and Campbell are looking particularly beautiful here). Gale having to overcome her own ego and legitimately care for others by the end, and Sidney having to deal with the fact that he life is not going to be normal.
This series is a lot of fun. I look forward to re-watching number three (probably tomorrow) and then the new installment in the spring.

No comments: