Monday, December 20, 2010

Three 2 Five Questions: Dominic Desjardins & Rayne Zukerman

When I was at the Sudbury International Film Festival this fall I had the pleasure of meeting Rayne Zukerman the producer of a film that I absolutely fell in love with, Le divan du monde (Everybody's Couch). We kept in touch and she was certain that her partner, the writer/director of the film, Dominic and I would hit it off should we meet. So today ventured over to their place for brunch and a mini-play-date between our children - and she was right. It's nice to meet like-minded people in similar places in their careers (although it's worth noting that Dominic shot his second feature this fall, hence why he was not at Sudbury with Rayne). They have a lovely baby, Balzac, and of course we have our dashing Ephraim, and I think they enjoyed one another as well. In fact when you hear some toddler-babbling in the background, that's Ephraim - he even makes a little cameo here. I hope you guys are enjoying these interviews as much as I'm enjoying doing them - more to come in the new year! And do yourself a favour and check our Dominic and Rayne's film should you ever see it in your filmic travels - it's a gem!

No comments: