Friday, August 05, 2011

Promethea - Vol 1

I've had this sitting on my shelf for a few weeks now so I finally picked it up.  Alan Moore is doing this interesting thing where he's essentially writing the entire line of all comic series for America's Best Comics.  Insane.
I wasn't sure I was going to be into this at first.  It seems like every comic label these days has a story about the power of imagination, but being that Alan Moore is a master of the art form it's always interesting to see his take on it - and it's good.  And it really feels like there's a lot more story to come and we're only getting started (I have four more in my current stack). 
The story follows a young girl as she comes across the legendary Promethea, a powerful being that has taken form from humans over time and now it's time to take over a young college student.  The most interesting thing to me is when it touches on the idea of destroying the world as we know it, and weather or not that's a good thing.
If you like Moore and you like sci-fi, this would probably be a good read for you.
Promethea (Book 1)

No comments: