Sunday, August 14, 2011

Promethea - Vol 5

And so it ends.  This final book of the series is easily it's best (no difficult task, sadly).  I really liked how this book jumped ahead and dealt with the inevitable, and what that all meant.  Don't get me wrong, I dig a lot of the ideas that Moore has going on in these books, I just find it a bit disappointing that he has to make it so overtly "THIS IS MY PHILOSOPHY ON ALL THIS SHIT" without being able to blend it into the story.  It just feels a bit pat (and I'm being very kind by saying 'a bit'.) 
So that's about it - I'm not going to go into heavy detail - there are some people who are just going to love the hell out of this book.  I am not one of those people, sadly.  If you are a fan of Moore and have no issue with overly-long-pseudo-intellectual ramblings - this will be right up your alley.
Promethea (Book 5)

No comments: