Saturday, February 13, 2010

1316 - Mean Girls


I remember when I saw this film in theaters I was just blown away. Never for a second did I imagine it would be as fantastic as it is. Sadly due to reputations of certain cast members it may drift into obscurity, but this film deserves to become a classic. In no small part to Tina Fey's brilliant script (need to find me a copy of it). The script is just full of great characters, lines, and ideas. It's a hyper-realistic look at some of the horrible things that people, especially girls, do to one another in high-school. It launched a lot of it's young cast, and rightly so. If you haven't seen this film yet YOU MUST SEE IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. This was the film that showed the world the promise of Lindsay Lohan. This is why she became a star. What's happened since then... well, who is to judge - but I for one still hope she gets her stuff figured out and a second shot at it - 'cause she's pretty great here.
And as a side note, for those of you who have seen this and are a fan, the same person that made the 'Burn Book' prop, worked on my feature and made some pretty kick-ass things for us - including something in the same vein as the Burn Book.

No comments: