Saturday, February 13, 2010

Jack of Fables #3: The Bad Prince


So what I'm starting to realize (and be okay with) is that this series is intended, I believe, mostly to just be a side dish. It doesn't have a super strong or important storyline (although they are flirting with the Kevin Thorn stuff that's been in Fables for quite sometime - and so that's the meat to this particular stew). This all being said, it's fun. I like Jack for better than I ever thought I would be - he's entertaining because of those around him and the way that they mess with him and his ego. I'll continue to read this book probably even after the cross-over, but it's not something I get super excited about. It's mildly entertaining, but I think that's all that they're really shooting for. What I like the most about it is that it has these moments of wonderful randomness. It's almost like this is the Fables people's outlet to just fuck around and have fun, while they keep the strong story stuff to the main Fables line.

No comments: