Sunday, February 07, 2010

Jack of Fables #2: Jack of Hearts


I never thought that I would be enjoying this series as much as I am. Jack was never one of my favorite characters in Fabletown, but he's definitely the character with the most back-story, being that every fairy tale that features a Jack, is, at least he claims, about him. So there's a wealth to draw from - more, probably, than any of the other Fables (excluding perhaps Bigby).

There's some interesting stuff going on in this series, and they're definitely setting it up for the long haul. The most fun is just the idea of Jack's ego and how that plays into the narration of it. I'm probably going to take a little break from this series to catch up on some other reading - but I'll be back to it shortly as The Great Fables Crossover (Fables #13) comes out this week and I want to catch up on both sides of the story before reading it.

No comments: