Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Jack of Fables #5: Turning Pages


I spent today in bed with a nasty-ass flu. So inbetween sleeping and trips to the throne I was able to sneak this in. I like this series more and more as I read it. It doesn't have the weight of the Fables main line, but it does things that it can't do. This book in particular is more of a hallway to get us to a bigger story - but it's a really nice hallway. There's a large tangent at the beginning that shows us a version of Jack back in the days of the old west. And it's a savage, different Jack. Which is bizarrely refreshing. And then for the second half of this edition the book does something really interesting - it tells the current story through the window of the three Page sisters. And it's GOOD. It's nice to have a little window into them, helps to see their perspective of this world. So one more trade to get through before I can dig into the Fables cross-over book. Should get to it this week... and then... not sure. I've got a stack of stuff I've picked up over the last few months as well as a bunch of indie comic titles that I really want to give a shot. But my comic supplier Scott apparently has some stuff for me to check out. Who knows. I just can't believe I was never into comics as a kid.

No comments: