Tuesday, April 20, 2010

1335 - Kwik Stop


This is a little sucker punch of a film. It comes out of nowhere and absolutely knocks you on your ass. The acting, by people more or less unknowns, is simply top fucking notch. This is a film filled with flawed characters. But we love them despite and for their flaws. So full of infinite sadness and each of them just wanting to love someone or some thing.
I can't believe that the director, Michael Gilio, hasn't directed another feature since this one. Perhaps he just didn't enjoy the process. It's sad to think that more people aren't aware of this film. It's the kind I'll rave about for days and tell everyone I know. It's a hard film to find, but I believe you can get it on iTunes now, and hulu.com
I recommend this film very very highly. It's funny, it's sweet, it's beautiful. What more can I say than that?

1 comment:

bro8 said...

I know he enjoyed the process. I'm sure he will make more.